Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Getting Fit

Hi everyone and happy hump day!

This week I wanted to write about my fitness goals and what I am physically doing to achieve those goals. I know, I know everybody starts off the new year by saying that they are going to be healthy and lose weight. Yes you guessed it, that is one of my goals but I did not make it my New Years resolution. I honestly told myself that I would really like to get healthy this year not to lose weight or be a certain size because that is what I try to do and fail every year so this year my goal is to run a 5K. So in doing that it encompasses getting healthy and maybe even losing weight. For me if I try to lose weight, get healthy and be a certain size I end up failing myself and never accomplishing any of those goals. So I decided just to focus on one thing this year,which is to run that race and in doing so I am having my husband run with me so I have someone to compete with. Of course, when I signed my husband up with me he took things really seriously and made a workout for me. Little did I know it was going to involve lifting weights and the first week I was so sore I could barely walk and his response to that is "you're just getting all the weakness out!" But now that I am getting better at lifting I am starting to feel more confident and no I am not nearly as sore as I was the first week (thank goodness). I do cardio three times a week and that is when I focus on running my miles, right now I am up to a mile and a half but hey I am getting there. The other days I do a short warm-up and then hit the weights. I am really enjoying working out this time around I think it is because I am not just running all the time I am actually making my body stronger. Plus I also got a brand new pair of running shoes from Run On (they fit your shoes to your particular feet and your stride) and a few new yoga pants and shirts, it can't hurt to look good while you're working out can it?
 Brooks Ghost 7 running shoes.

Hope you enjoyed this post have a great week!
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment